Effective 17th May 2018
As used in this policy, the terms “using” and “processing” information include using cookies on a computer, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information within our organization or among our affiliates within the United Kingdom or internationally.
How We Collect Your Information
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our products’ features and content, to administer your use of our products and to enable users to enjoy and easily navigate our products.
- When you register with us through the website to create an Account and become a Manager/Responder/Contributor, we will ask you for personally identifiable information. This refers to information about you that can be used to contact or identify an individual (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, your name, phone number, address, and your email address. We use your Personal Information mainly to provide our products and administer your inquiries.
- We also collect Personal Information about the individual about whom you create a Member Profile via the website, including, but not limited to, his or her name. Please note that we use this information to provide our products and we will not use this information to contact the individual about whom you create a Member Profile. Additionally, by providing any Personal Information related to the individual about whom you create a Member Profile, you agree that you have obtained the applicable and appropriate permission, releases and consents from such individual to the extent necessary to provide such individual’s Personal Information to Connected Care Solutions as part of your use of our products.
- We also collect and store any Member Content that you upload, download or access via our products. Such Member Content may contain Personal Information about you or the family member, loved one or other person about whom you create a Member Profile.
- Please note that your User Content is only accessible via the Member Profiles you create via the website.
- We also collect the other information that you provide as part of registration and the administration and personalization of your Account (e.g., without limitation, postcode (on its own) and individual preferences) (“Non-Identifying Information”).
- Log Data. When you visit the website, whether as a Member or a non-registered user just browsing (any of these, a “MyEthel User”), our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, operating system or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our website, pages of our website that you visit, the time spent on those pages, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyse use of our products and for the product’s technical administration, to increase our products functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor it to our visitors’ needs. For example, we use this information to verify that visitors to the website meet the criteria required to process their requests. We do not treat Log Data as Personal Information or use it in association with other Personal Information, though we may collate, analyse and evaluate such information for the same purposes as stated above regarding other Non-Identifying Information.
How We Use Your Information
- We will not sell, transfer to or share your Personal Information with any other company or organization.
- We use your Personal Information (in some cases, in conjunction with your Non-Identifying Information) only to provide our products, complete your transactions, and administer your inquiries.
- Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your phone number with your address) in a way that enables you to be identified. But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-identifying information (for example, your viewing preferences). We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information and collate it with information collected from more of our products to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of our products and to analyse and understand how our products are used. We may also use the combined information without collating it to serve you specifically, for instance to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
Inviting a Third Party to Access your Account. If you choose to use our products to invite a third party to access a Member Profile created by you, we will ask you for such third party’s name and email address. We will automatically send the third party a one-time email inviting him or her to use the Ethel Console. We store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email. The third party may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database.
Phishing. Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to Connected Care Solutions. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your login information, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Action Fraud website,
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Your use of our products. We will display your Personal Information and Member Content contained in the Member Profile(s) created by you via the Ethel Console according to the preferences you set in your Account. Any information you choose to provide and make available to third parties via the Ethel Console should reflect how much you want others to know about you and the individual(s) about whom you create Member Profiles. Please consider carefully what information you disclose in your Member Profiles and your desired level of anonymity. You can review and revise the information contained in your Member Profiles at any time. We recommend that you guard your sensitive information.
Invited Members. If you choose to invite a third party to become a Member and access one or more of your Member Profiles, such third party will be able to (i) access, view, share, download and distribute the information contained in such Member Profiles, including, but not limited to, your Personal Information and Member Content, and (ii) upload their own Member Content to the Member Profiles, which will then be available to be accessed, viewed, shared, downloaded and distributed, according to the preferences you set for such third party via your Account.
Collated Information and Non-Identifying Information. We will not share collated information that includes Personal Information. We will not may disclose Non-Identifying Information third parties for any purpose.
Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our products, to provide our products on our behalf, to perform website-related/app-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, payment processors, web analytics and improvement of our products features) or to assist us in analysing how our products are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information and Member Content only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose other than those detailed in their contractual terms of reference.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. Connected Care Solutions Ltd. cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to witness summons), to protect the property and rights of Connected Care Solutions Ltd. or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
Business Transfers. Connected Care Solutions Ltd. may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
All Members may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information and Member Content in their Account and Member Profiles created by such Members by contacting us or via the Member Profile section of the Ethel Console. If you delete all such information, then your Account may become deactivated. If you would like us to delete your Account in our system, please contact us at email@example.com with a request that we delete your Personal Information and Member Content from our database. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honour your request within 28 business days. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
We will retain the information you provide via our products for as long as your Account is active or as needed to provide you with our products. We may retain and use the information you provide via our products, as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. If you wish to delete your Account, please see the section titled “Changing or Deleting Your Information” above.
Connected Care Solutions Ltd. is very concerned with safeguarding your information. We employ reasonable physical, technological, and administrative security measures and attempt to ensure they are applicable under the circumstances. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored “personal data” (as defined in applicable statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on this website in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Your information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your country or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United Kingdom and choose to provide information to us, Connected Care Solutions Ltd. transfers Personal Information to the United Kingdom and processes it there.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. If you choose to click on a third-party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other websites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
Our Policy Toward Children
Our products are not directed to persons under 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
Contacting Connected Care Solutions Ltd.
Connected Care Solutions Ltd.
713 Lisburn Enterprise Organisation